The Terribly Tiny Gallery is your source for Art – I have Ready works of Art that you can see here or access my email, or even visit my space and purchase.
I also work on Commissioned Paintings, Installations & Video Art.
Artworks in Oils. Acrylics. Charcoal & Graphite. Tea. Multi-media.
Mammoth Wall Murals. Large & Small Canvases.
Complete creatives for Homes, Offices, Shops/Outlets, Window Displays.
3-D Art Installations of different scales, magnitudes & materials
Artist’s Statement & Credentials »
Conceptual themes, cosmology, impressionistic/surreal landscapes, intense angst, cerebral logic, tantra and a bright wonder imbue my works – vivid acrylics and oils on canvas and paper, charcoal, multimedia/animation, acrylics, art installations in wood, fiberglass, fabric & scrap metal, large wall murals, short films, photography and poetry.
Da Vinci, Van Gogh, Michelangelo have been my inspirations - especially Da Vinci, for his versatility and ability to fuse various disciplines into art. Other influences are of the Bombay School of Artists, M F Husain, Raza and Tyeb Mehta. The idiom I use is intensely personal. By touching on universal issues of the psyche and of experience, I attempt to relate to others through my painting.
I have enjoyed working on a video installation for German artist Friedmann in 2007; and want to interact with artists, cultures, enhance my world-view, and hopefully engender a brave new artistic expression that employs human experience as commentary on man’s evolution, and guide to understand, and to move forward. I am keenly motivated to make a difference.
My paintings, wall murals and art installations are installed at many clients’ offices and private residences in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Seattle, Boise, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tokyo, South Africa, London, Buffalo.
Art & Advertising
- Youtube id –Glimpses of my work
- Some work for sale internatinally : https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/murali-raman.html
- These are videos of two of my installation projects: Khidkiyaa:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NycXpaeXMO4
The Incredibly Big Bang:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd34l7a3xww
- A Video Walk-through of Past Work.
- One of the Animation films written, directed and produced by me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1arGv7SqIvg
- Art & Photography Albums on face book: Murali Raman
- Facebook page: Murali Raman Art & Photography
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/muraliraman/albums muraliraman (images)
- Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/muraliraman/ @muraliraman (photographs & art)
- Acrylics Triumph of Action at the Art Plaza in Mumbai in 2010
- Exhibition of photographs, Bordering on Parsiana on Parsi Gara Sarees, at the KGAF 2011
- Art Installation, Fenester – The Worlds of Possibility., also at KGAF 2011. This installation project takes a holistic and fantastic look at the possibilities of windows, in an unconventional manner
- Showcased my short filmChocolate Xcess at the KGAF 2010
- Exhibited MS Paintgraphics for a show A Murder of Crows at the KGAF 2004
- Exhibited two series of paintings Triumph of Action I & II at Mood Indigo Festival 2011 at IIT Bombay
- A mammoth 18’ x 25 ‘ wall mural, The Wild, Wild West at Mood Indigo, 2011
- My installations were selected at the IFAA Arts Festival in Indore, January 2011
- Exhibited at IIT TechFest 2012, a 12-part acrylic on paper series, The Triumph of Vision I and II
- Exhibited Art Installation, The Incredibly Big Bang! at the KGAF 2012 as well.
- Conducted & exhibited at IIT TechFest 2015, a 3-part interactive Installation, Creation of Dino, Dino’e Eye, The Incredibly Big Bang –III over 3 days in January
- I was also selected as an Installation Artist by The Pune Biennale 2015, Pune, and set up and exhibited a 4-part Interactive Installation, Khidkiyaa, in February 2015, created from scrap metal from auto junkyards
- Exhibited my acryllcs+oils+tea of Aerial Views – SkEye High at the India Art Festival , Mumbai Nov-Dec 2015
- Exhibited at my own stall at India Arts Festival, Mumbai - 2015
- Also exhibited my Waterside Cityscapes at Mumbai to Delhi, a Group Show at Gallery Lokayata, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi, Jan – Feb 2016
- Exhibited in Symphony, a Group Show at Gallery RDD Neroy, Mumbai, Feb 2016
- Exhibited at a Group Show at India Arts Festival, Mumbai - 2016
- I was again selected as a Visual Artist by The Pune Biennale 2017, Pune, and set up and exhibited a 2-part Painting Series, Atmashatakam I and Atmashatakam II, in February 2017.
Please browse through the works showcased here and mail or call me for commercial details.